- Jake Gyllenhaal was spotted at the Whole Foods on Ponce Thursday. He and Hugh Jackman are here filming Prisoners. (As ATLwood friend @UnchainedFoodie summed things up, "Hugh Jackman & Jake Gyllenhaal are filming in Atlanta, so be on lookout and don't fall in puddles of estrogen forming all over the city").
- According to a friend, Jackman is living in Decatur right now, and has been spotted at a gym nearby ... #EyesPeeled
- Ludacris was spotted at Whiskey Blue at W Atlanta - Buckhead on Saturday night, while five-time World Heavyweight Champion Evander Holyfield was a patron at the W Midtown on the same night (and, reportedly, dancing it up).
- According to @PeachyScoop, Atlanta Falcons tight-end Tony Gonzalez was at the Porter, the day after the team's devastating NFC Championship loss. Drowning his sorrows, maybe? I'm still not over it, personally (please don't leave us, Tony!)
- "Devious Maids" was seen filming on Peachtree Dunwoody Rd at Windsor Parkway, taking over the adjacent YMCA fields (and a pic!).
- "The Vampire Diaries" is filming in Stone Mountain Park.
- Prisoners, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman, was spotted this week filming in the Stanton Woods Subdivision in Conyers. Base camp is said to be at a nearby Methodist Church.
- Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas has been filming in McDonough's Town Square.
- I absolutely love this: "Star Trek Continues" is being filmed in Kingsland, Ga. "In an old warehouse space a group of hardcore Star Trek fans have built an exact replica of the set used in the original TV series."
Casting and Crew Calls
- Good Lie, an indie film directed by Philippe Falardeau (with Reese Witherspoon in talks), is seeking to fill all crew positions. Send your resume to email@example.com.
- An indie feature film seeks cast and crew (lighting & sound). Auditions are Jan. 27. Go to Georgia.org for details (on this and many other projects!)
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Especially during this slow summer season. Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
there are some amazing abandoned buildings in atlanta. with this summer coming up i am…
I would just note, that the author's weighting of Facebook likes might be reconsidered. It…
We are at sweet spot in bikeshare with new technology (including from an Atlanta-based company)…
I love that there are two studies here for download but the comments are usually…
I agree with you that only a black president would have had…
the thing about the projects is that they were harbingers of crime... for example east…