- An easy bet for spotting celebrities in town? Whole Foods (where even I've seen some celebrities, bless). According to ATLWood friend @Peachyscoop, "Susan Sarandon, Dakota Fanning, and Jake Gyllenhaal have all been spotted at the Whole Foods in Buckhead lately."
- But! Jake Gyllenhaal did also stop by YEAH! Burger Westside last Thursday night, and noshed on a bun-less Bison burger (and someone took a cheeky pic).
- Snapshot of Stevie J at Cut Flower Wholesale, which served as the setting for a day of filming for VH1's "Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta."
- Apologies for the brain fog last week (and thank you to those who set me straight)! Susan Sarandon is here filming The Last of Robin Hood - an indie feature also starring Kevin Kline and Dakota Fanning - which has been filming at 1510 West Wesley Rd. By the way, that ping pong challenge issued to Susan Sarandon by Grant Henry still stands ...
- Prisoners, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman, filmed around Greenview Avenue and High Brook View Road in Conyers this week.
- "The Vampire Diaries" was filming downtown this week, which apparently acted as a stand-in for New York City (complete with NYC taxis).
- Anyone know what was filming at One Midtown on Thursday?
- #ATLwood (or nearby counties) on the rise: looks like Pinewood Studios is eyeing up some land in Fayette County for an Atlanta-area studio compound ...
Casting Calls and More
- Calling all brides: The House that Casting Built is casting Season 2 of TLC's "Randy to the Rescue" in Savannah.
- Want to be an extra in Anchorman 2? Head over to CL Casting's Facebook page for more info. The production should start filming at the beginning of March.
- Final Note: Atlanta filmmaker Ben Callner's "Goat 4 Sale" spot for Doritos won the "Crash the Super Bowl" contest, airing nationally during the Super Bowl (if you missed it, you can watch the spot here). From start to finish, the commercial (and goat!) were all locally produced (with help from local music producers Ben Holst and Jeremy Gilbertson, pictured), which was a great score for ATLwood. Congrats, guys!
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Especially during this slow summer season. Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
Leave to others to right THAT book? A... book of SOLUTIONS, Torchlight for America, has…
Remember when Georgia was named the most corrupt state in the US and the political…
>>It will dwarf jerry's world in arlington.
Thanks cqholt for confirming what this stadium…
You know who The Man is. Stop being coy.
"The DA just works for The Man."
OK, then you identify The…