- Prisoners, starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, filmed near Northside Drive and Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway earlier this week, frakkin' up people's commutes (possibly even moreso than President Obama going to Decatur on Thursday).
- Prisoners also filmed exterior shots around Greenview Avenue and High Brook View Road in Conyers.
- "The Vampire Diaries" filmed this week in Stone Mountain Village, and was accepting extras to work on Valentine's Day. How romantic?
- BET's "The Game" is filming around Shallowford Road in Marietta.
- Another BET series starring Gabrielle Union, "Being Mary Jane," filmed "at a club in Midtown" this week, and will also be setting up production at Screen Gems Studios.
- Possibly a Hellmann's Mayonaise commercial (unless I'm being trolled) filmed at Piedmont Park by the Charles Allen Drive entrance early this week, having set up fake trees and a clothesline (hmmm!).
- Cheshire Bridge Road sometimes looks an awful lot like Pawnee, Indiana ...
Casting Calls and More
- Anchorman 2 should be starting production here soon, and in the meantime has been looking for some very specific extras ...
- The TV pilot for the series "Zombieland," based on the movie, will be shooting in Atlanta soon and is currently casting.
- The Georgia-filmed Identity Thief, starring Jason Bateman and Melissa McCartney, debuted at No. 1 with a $36.6 million opening weekend.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
Whatever, man. I'm not gonna jump on the anti-Reed bandwagon. And I will sleep soundly…
Debbie tries to be consistent more than the leadership of most other Tea Party groups…
Another day, another projected label from JF. You couldn't get the tea bagger label to…
JF, you might sound more convincing if you hadn't spent the past few months yelling…
Fast and Furious