- Anchorman 2 filmed at Piedmont Park on Thursday. Rumor is that Vince Vaughn will be joining the cast soon (for a minor role) ...
- The Brad Pitt-produced The Returned filmed at Sweetwater State Park on Tuesday.
- The pilot "Surgeon General" filmed at the Atlanta Galleria Office Park this week.
- A movie prepped to film in Decatur Cemetery this weekend - any clues on this one?
- Speaking of the dead, check out the latest "Walking Dead" set pics on Walking Dead Locations.
- "The Vampire Diaries" mostly filmed in studio in Decatur this week, though Wednesday it was near Glenridge Drive and Mount Vernon Highway in Sandy Springs.
- "Being Mary Jane" is filming on Nelson Street, with a base camp right around the corner on Mitchell.
- According to ATLwood friend @peachyscoop, Lauren Graham, Joel McHale and Robin Williams will all be in town in April to start filming a new movie.
- And, as Peachy put it, "Man, will it be HOT in the ATL this summer when Jon Hamm comes in town in May to film Million Dollar Arm." Get my smelling salts!
- The thriller Careful What You Wish For will begin shooting in late April in North Carolina, but filming will also take place in Atlanta.
- ATLwood continues to grow - according to a statement by the Georgia Department of Economic Development: "Georgia-lensed productions generated an economic impact of $3.1 billion in the state during the 2012 fiscal year (July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012), a 29% increase from FY11." So expect more to come! In the meantime, the state has launched a new website to celebrate (and entice visitors).
- Remember that for all of the latest crew and casting info, you can check out the Georgia Help Wanted Hotline.
Got any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
This study is based on a false assumption of sea level rise of 10 mm…
This guys beliefs has an interesting but common arc. When less affluent he supported progressive…
Midtown streets looked like this at night in the 90's.
whoa, hold up - what's wrong with the steep, muddy track that currently connects the…
Anyone want to rent a beach house in Statesboro?
I've been a pretty harsh critic of Atlanta Beltline in the past -- based on…