- Robin Williams made a somewhat impromptu appearance on Sunday at The Laughing Skull Lounge (he's friends with Rick Overton, who was performing). Williams is in town Atlanta for the next month filming A Friggin' Christmas Miracle. Apparently his material was, as ever, fantastic. Here's hoping he returns for an encore!
- The Laughing Skull Lounge has actually been home to quite a few comedians while they film in Atlanta: Margaret Cho got a condo above the Skull while shooting "Drop Dead Diva," Chris Tucker comes in regularly (including twice last week), Ron White comes to the open mic nights and Dave Koechner is rumored to be going by the Skull to work out material while filming Anchorman 2.
- Speaking of Anchorman 2 (as I often do), some cast members (including Paul Rudd, Dave Koechner, Steve Carrell and others) visited Antico this week (no surprise there!). Also, screenwriter Adam McKay requested a pizza birthday cake, and pizza boss Giovanni obliged.
- Back to Robin Williams though: He recently tweeted a picture of the A Friggin' Christmas Miracle cast, which includes Lauren Graham and Joel McHale. "The Soup" will also be filming in ATL while Joel is here.
- According to @peachyscoop, Reese Witherspoon, here filming The Good Lie, was at RoadRunner in Buckhead on Sunday. "She was unnoticed (probably since she's a brunette) and bought some Asics."
- "The Walking Dead's" Laurie Holden (Andrea) was spotted at the Whole Foods on Ponce Thursday night (that Whole Foods is a popular spot for celebrities in town).
- Anchorman 2 filmed in the Summerhill neighborhood earlier this week, and @moon_pies grabbed a pic of some vintage taxis being used. (More info here). Anchorman 2 is also going to be filming at Manuel's Tavern soon.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire conducted a reshoot of a riot scene with extras at the Goat Farm on Saturday.
- "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm will be in an upcoming Disney movie that will film in Atlanta (because he is a real-life Disney prince. Look at him. He looks like a cartoon pilot). The movie will also star Alan Arkin as well as Life of Pi's Suraj Sharma. According to IMDB, in the film, "A sports agent stages an unconventional recruitment strategy to get talented Asian cricket players to play Major League Baseball."
- The Good Lie, starring Reese Witherspoon, has been all over, from a house in Bowdon to Powder Springs to, last Friday, filming at the church on the corner of Briarcliff and LaVista (I got peek whilst stuck in traffic there, but sadly no signs of Reese).
- "The Vampire Diaries" returned to Monroe to film as of Wednesday.
- "Being Mary Jane" has been filming along East Lake Drive near Ponce.
- Homesman, starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, is set to start filming here in May. Eyes peeled as always.
- The Georgia-filmed series "Rectify" is premiering on the Sundance Channel Monday night at 9 p.m. It's from the producers of "Breaking Bad," so I'm expecting good things.
- Remember that you can always find up-to-date job info for projects happening throughout the state via the Help Wanted Hotline!
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
^Haha poser. When you can't even spell said country, I gotta call bullshit....You've never been…
I love the "Be nice and LEAVE" sign above Slick Willie's head!!
Actually, I have been to Mexico, and Columbia and encountered no issues.....however, on Marta coming…
"Mark, have you ever been to Columbia or Mexico? Yea, the locals want to kills…
Never liked the term Creative Class, especially when it's narrowly defined to refer to people…
"Yeeis, dems sur do makeses a profit, cause dey dum say so n all that…