Reese Witherspoon Arrest
- As most of you already know, Reese Witherspoon, here filming The Good Lie, was arrested for drunken and disorderly conduct earlier this week. Her husband, Jim Toth, was charged with DUI. Apparently Reese pulled some diva moves on the Georgia State Patrol officer. Disappointing of her!
- If you're into this kind of thing, here's a video of Reese's arrest.
- Also, E! Online has provided the police report of the incident. Reese is not back to filming yet, but rumors are that she soon will be.
- The cast (including Will Ferrell, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd) visited Gio's Chicken Amalfitano (pics at the source) before having dinner at Highland Tap Wednesday, after which they filmed at Marietta Middle School.
- As for filming, the production has taken over the iconic Manuel's Tavern.
- ATLwood friend Jana (@janarchy29) took a lot of great pictures of the Manuel's set. Here is a newsstand outside of the laundromat on Highland, as well as some 70s-style vehicles and an old-school phone booth. The production also took over the laundromat itself.
- Here is another shot of those sweet cars.
- Soon the production will leave us, though, for another Georgia locale: St. Simons Island (take me with you!)
More Filming News
- Thursday The Good Lie (sans Reese) filmed an interior scene at the airport. The movie also shot scenes recently at the Georgian Terrace.
- The Robin Williams movie A Friggin' Christmas Miracle, also starring Lauren Graham and Joel McHale, filmed in Norcross on Wednesday, and according to @Peachyscoop, they will be at the Northwest Presbyterian Church in Buckhead starting April 30th.
- The reality series "Shark Tank" filmed at Holy Innocents' Episcopal School Thursday (that's an interesting juxtaposition).
- "Being Mary Jane" is filming at Piedmont Ave and Ralph McGill Blvd, and was also filming on Mount Paran Road in Sandy Springs earlier this week.
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham has been filming on Marietta Square.
- Need For Speed, starring Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper, Michael Keaton, Rami Malek, and Imogen Poots, has been filming on Monroe Street and Washington Place between Tinsley Place and Hardeman Avenue in Macon. The movie "chronicles a cross-country journey at impossible speeds."
- Finally, remember when Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal were here filming Prisoners? Here's a video from ET's set visit (thanks @Peachyscoop!)
- Reddit user Su_Preciosa met "the super cool Andre Benjamin not too long ago at Phipps Plaza." (Pic is here). I've seen Andre around, too - very dapper man!
- Pretty cool: take a virtual tour of Atlanta Film Studios in Paulding County.
- More studio news: "The developer behind Atlantic Station is planning to build the Southeast's largest movie studio in Gwinnett County."
- Crew is needed for the Jon Hamm Disney movie The Million Dollar Arm, send resumes at email@example.com (is "staring at Jon Hamm" a crew position?)
- "Samuel L. Jackson, Alfre Woodard, Anna Horsford, Ed Roland, "Dr. J" Julius Erving and other notables joined Atlanta director Kenny Leon for the 2013 True Colors Theatre 'Greens in the Day, Blues in the Night' Golf and Gala event over the weekend," pics are here.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
GREETINGS FROM THE GREAT GRAND MASTER! IN REGARDS OF YOU BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE…
I like Trumps response about finding hoping Russia finds the other 30K emails....Trump reminds me…
The Russian espionage angle is a red scare tactic floated by the Clinton team and…
Isn't the Atlanta area crime due mostly to people with multiple felonies and other repeat…
Mosby had a weak case to begin and tried to start a stampede with inflammatory…
how bout some more pics of the GA delegation?