- Brad Pitt was in town on Thursday, surprising fans at a special advance screening of Paramount's World War Z at the Regal theater at Atlantic Station. Apparently Brad (who stars in and also produced the film) thanked the crowd for their support and handed out some "WWZ in ATL" shirts (let's hope not, although, we are kinda home to zombies these days ... )
- John Travolta surprised a couple's wedding at the Brasstown Valley Resort this weekend, and here are the receipts (aka photos).
- A Redditor introduced his niece and nephew to Flava Flav, who was at the Target off of Sidney Marcus. I had totally forgotten about this guy.
- Need For Speed, starring Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper, moved to Columbus this week. The 13th Street bridge is filling in for "rural New York," apparently. Here's a video of the production , which should be in town all week (maybe more since the weather's been bad). For their big trick, a car is going to go off of the bridge and into the river (it won't be the worst thing that's been thrown in there before ... )
- Jon Hamm has arrived! Here's here filming Million Dollar Arm, which has also shot in India. According to OLV, "The film is based on the true story of J.B. Bernstein, an American sports agent who discovered pro pitchers Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel, through a reality TV series, 'The Million Dollar Arm,' he staged in India." The production is currently filming on Brook Forest Road off of Lavista, between Briarcliff and Cheshire Bridge.
- Let's Be Cops, starring Nina Dobrev, filmed at the American Cancer Society building in downtown on Saturday, and moved near the Midtown MARTA station Wednesday (unless that's Solace ... it's also been nearby).
- For now though, Solace, starring Colin Farrell and Anthony Hopkins, is in Senoia, "The Walking Dead's" old stomping grounds (walking grounds?).
- Endless Love, starring Alex Pettyfer, continues filming on Tuxedo Road in Buckhead.
Premieres and More
- Programming note: The new season of the Georgia-filmed "Necessary Roughness" premieres next Wednesday, June 12, at 10 p.m. on USA.
- Did anyone check out the ATL-filmed "Pretty Wicked Moms" Tuesday night on Lifetime?
- Want to be an extra or want to work on a film? Remember to check out the Georgia Help Wanted Hotline, which has up-to-date project information and contacts.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @keeneTV (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!
Really as i see it Phaedra made Apollo well known on the show she 's…
@ MBlau ""They" would push for future referenda once this one is complete. (Every 4-5…
Cassie - the folks who at the start of the Beltline pipe dream were most…
I do not think soccer in Atlanta will be a giant success but I do…
@Burroughston Broch: "They" would push for future referenda once this one is complete. (Every 4-5…
"Weyandt told residents that City Hall wouldn’t simply tackle the worst problems first and work…