1. Georgia's Department of Transportation says no one actually called about the tree that fell on Ponce de Leon Avenue Wednesday evening, blocking traffic for hordes of commuters the following morning. In the end, it took more than eight hours for the thoroughfare to be cleared.
2. Ponce City Market is getting a Binders art store.
3. Georgia's state archives are moving on July 1 and getting an additional $300,000 to, you know, help pay bills and stuff.
4. Consider this an early warning: Police will be stepping up drunk driving enforcement the days surrounding the Fourth, so don't drink and drive. Also, you could die.
5. Atlanta's Watershed Management is making some big changes following a seventh audit, including establishing a team of 15 inspectors to respond within 24 hours of a complaint.
6. A 17-year-old in Douglasville allegedly set a neighbor's truck on fire following an exchange of words over where he was riding his motorcycle. The teen told a judge the neighbor threatened him, so it was an appropriate response.
7. A Macon police officer was arrested yesterday after local law enforcement raided her home in Forsyth. Kontrina Lanette Toomer, 27, faces charges of child endangerment and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
8. An Atlanta couple may have the final photos of actor James Gandolfini snapped during a trip to Rome earlier this week. Gandolfini, 51, died Wednesday of what appears to be a heart attack.
9. Tyler Perry donated $5,000 to a Gwinnett soccer team that was robbed after a fundraiser less than two weeks ago. The coach's truck was broken into along Beaver Ruin Road and $2,400 was taken, according to police.
10. ICYMI: The City of Atlanta has an offer on the table of $15.5 million to buy the historic Friendship Baptist Church, one of the few remaining obstacles between building the new Falcons stadium on a plot of land south of the Georgia Dome. The church countered with a $24.5 million price tag, a number Reed says the City can't afford.
And a bunch of spam artists trying to sell kidneys DOESN'T violate CL's polices. What…
1st 688 then the Metroplex and now the Masquerade....Atlanta's going downhill. History should be treasured…
Take 'em to the woodshed Brenda!
I am disappoint.
I agree, Halston. I'd rather see Swans at, say, Masquerade than Terminal West, which is…
Those calling the venue 'shitty' obviously do not enjoy a show for the entire experience…