- Reese Witherspoon, who had a great time when she was in Atlanta earlier this year, has returned. Jennifer Brett says that "perhaps" it's to shoot additional material for her film The Good List.
- Honey Boo Boo and clan were at the Civic Center taping an upcoming episode of Family Feud against their Cake Boss colleagues. "Well wish us good luck," the family wrote on its official Facebook page, where it also announced it will be supporting GLAAD in the competition. Rodney Ho has a recap. (Spoiler: Honey Boo Boo herself eats peanut butter on bread.)
- No one tell NeNe, but her former RHoA cast mate and fellow contact-personality Kim Zolciak has been filming... something. (Elsewhere in Bravo-land, Shereè Whitfield is the subject of an online petition urging Bravo to resign her as a housewife. So far, it has 692 signatures.)
- More Bravo news (it never ends): The network will launch The New Atlanta after NeNe's spinoff this September. Like Shahs of Sunset, LA Shrinks, and Married to Medicine, the series will follow a group of young, professional, and professionally attractive (it's like their job now) Atlantans. As one Bravo VP told The Hollywood Reporter: "Atlanta is mecca."
- Ian Somerhalder and Candice Accola will be back in town soon for filming on The Vampire Diaries, if this blurry (and oddly-captioned) Facebook photo is any indication.
- There is a new flurry of Tweets speculating and/or declaring that Ant-Man will be filming in the city this fall. The film is slated for a 2015 release; conventional wisdom is that The Avengers sequel will set-up the long-gestating project.
- Adam Sandler was seen at the Mall of Georgia while his film, Blended, is still set up in Buford. Co-star Drew Barrymore headed to Antico Pizza - and left a very sweet note confessing her love of all pizza ("it's crazy!").
- Biggest Loser trainer Dolvett Quince hosted a boot camp for pets and owners in Centennial Park on Saturday - free! - as part of his partnership with Banfield Pet Hospital encouraging weight loss for mammals of all kinds.
Castings and Auditions:
- American Idol is back in town today at the Gwinnett Arena, hosting auditions in Atlanta for the first time since 2009.
- ABC's Resurrection is filming in Newton County through October and is on the hunt for extras (if you're feeling like a trek to the suburbs). The series is looking for students, doctors, mother, and fathers, all to play townspeople.
- Remember how Sandler needed a bunch of guys to film at a Hooters for his new movie? He also - go figure - needed Hooters girls. He got the 11 contestants from this year's Miss Hooters International pageant, who filmed with him in Lawrenceville.
- Atlanta's Kenny Leon will head to Broadway next April to direct Denzel Washington in a revival of A Raisin in the Sun. The director just wrapped filming on Hallmark's The Watsons Go to Birmingham. (Less recently, he adapted Steel Magnolias for TV, nabbing Alfre Woodard an Emmy nomination.)
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
I've never seen a Green Party candidate be a drooling tool of the GOP before!…
Well well well, absolutely shocking that Jill Stein would eventually align herself with Trump in…
@ The Truth Did you notice he said nothing about 1998? And no one said…
Should not the Library Executive Director, his administration and Library staff be involved in the…
Admit it, we were all waiting on Bill to say something to the tune of…