- Jeremy Renner, in town at work on Kill the Messenger, went to Six Flags on Saturday, mourning the start of school like the rest of suburbia. He wore a hat! I'm pretty sure he's riding the Goliath. If he screamed going down, no photographic evidence is available. (Bella Thorne, a co-star in the Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore film Blended was also at the park. She did not wear a hat.)
- Speaking of, Barrymore avoided the rain on set with an umbrella, like a normal person.
- The Originals, the Vampire Diaries spin-off premiering this fall, has been filming in Conyers this week with former VD vamps Daniel Gillies, Joseph Morgan, and Claire Holt; its progenitor, meanwhile, has been filming in Loganville. (That means one thing most of all: Ian Somerhalder is Instagramming from the set.)
- The two newest films to come to Atlanta are sticking around: Blended moved to a Mall of Georgia sporting goods store this week while Kill the Messenger recently filmed at the Capitol, among other locations.
- Season 3 of Atlanta Eats got underway Thursday, with stops at Grant Park and Tuk Tuk Thai.
- TVD is looking for extras: specifically "Mediterranean types" for scenes filming in Decatur the middle of August.
- Drop Dead Diva needs "hot blondes" for a scene filming the first week of August.
- Omar Epps, previously of Fox's House and in town shooting ABC's new drama Resurrection, has been tapped for a promotional deal with Jim Ellis' Audi dealership. That is, he'll be driving around an A8, presumably for free, for the "duration of his stay." Here's a photo!
- Look hard enough and you'll spot a clutch of Atlanta art on Necessary Roughness (and 42 ... and Last Vegas).
- America's Got Talent is coming to a theater near you - literally, the show announced on Wednesday that it will set up at the Fox on Oct. 8 as part of the America's Got Talent Live tour, which will feature "fan favorites" from the latest season.
- Star magazine is reporting that Tameka Foster and Christina Johnson, Mrs. Usher and Cee Lo, respectively, may be joining the Atlanta-based spin-off of Hollywood Exes.
- NeNe Leakes is being sued.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
"Excuse me, but since when were private businesses obligated to develop a community? Answer: Never…
Infrastructure fail. Why invest in our commonwealth when we can cut taxes for the wealthiest…
it's a pretty routine swindle guys... lol, get over it and move on
hey, the big boys got a JOB to do over here, step aside everyone
A great point Maria Saporta made in the open letter is why would we sell…
GDOT has a lot of balls. Not only do they try to put responsibility for…