- The Dumb and Dumber sequel, which got underway in town a few weeks ago, will begin filming in September. Stay tuned for cast and crew announcements.
- Meanwhile, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (whew) will also begin filming here next month.
- Kill the Messenger continues shooting in the city. Jeremy Renner's facial hair: explained.
- We can now predict, given recent copious photographic evidence, that the Atlanta Housewives are in Savannah, presumably for this season's vacation.
- Both Jon Hamm, who's been here shooting a movie, and Mick Fleetwood have been seen at the Ri Ra Irish Pub in Midtown - and I'm told that Hamm was actually there Wednesday night. (Tipsters, did he smell nice?)
- Elsewhere in the land of rock 'n' roll, Huey Lewis ate at Davio's Thursday.
- Bradley Cooper was in Decatur on Sunday for apparently no reason, though he was wearing an Eagles hat and blue polo. Hope he stopped by the Dancing Goats.
- Blended's Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, and the rest visited with Tripp Halstead and his family late last week. The family wrote about the experience on their Facebook page. Also Blended is now The Familymoon.
- ICYMI, the Kardashians were in Atlanta a few weeks back. That's not quite right: Brody Jenner, step-son of brood queen Kris Jenner, was seen at STK and, later, Vanquish at the end of last month. Jermaine Dupri was there. (No, really.)
- Friends tell me that HGTV is on the lookout for a (preferably newly-married) couple that recently bought or is about to buy a house - renovation money included. (Makes sense, given how many home improvement shows film in the city.) Property Brothers stars filming here next week - I'm assuming that that is what this is about.
- Are you a contortionist, acrobat, or fire-eater? The Originals needs you for work on/around Aug. 22 in Conyers.
- CurveBall, filming in Snellville and the metro area, needs extras who love and play (or can pretend to love and/or play) baseball for this weekend.
- Stone Mountain native and multi-hyphenate Donald Glover has inked a deal to write/produce a new FX sitcom about Atlanta's music scene, appropriately (or obviously) titled Atlanta. Glover has, in the past, worked as a writer on 30 Rock, acted as a lead in NBC's Community, and performed as a rapper under the name Childish Gambino.
- Jacoby Development's gestating film studio-cum-film school project in Gwinnett is moving forward with the hiring of location scout Norm Bielowicz to manage the potential property, now named Atlanta Campus Studios. Reportedly, Jacoby already has a studio lined up to lease the space.
- Jennifer Brett has a nice update on Dayo Okeniyi, who - spoiler - was one of the unlucky tributes in the first Hunger Games and will show up in two more local projects: the Endless Love remake and The Spectacular Now, out now, which was shot in Athens last summer.
- Paula Deen will not be on Dancing With The Stars.
- Love Sweet Home Alabama? Good news: A local Hastings Seed loft which was featured in the movie is for sale. Bad news: it's $305,000.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: email@example.com; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
I bet many of these at-large county voting systems were propped up when John F…
Burroughston Broch, you are just a troll at the end of the day. You can't…
Jessica Blankenship's article,"Not All Dogs Go To Heaven" states that with the situation in GA,…
Jimmy Carter is arguably the best ex-president the United States has ever seen. I think…
"He also mentioned that he now lives in Atlanta." ______________________________________ Funny how rightwingers quickly change…
"I stated in my first post why Jason Carter should steer clear of Jimmy Carter's…