- Adam Sandler has been seriously on the loose. (He stopped at Waffle House - and Mellow Mushroom.)
- Justin Bieber, in town for a concert, also reportedly made a stop at Children's Healthcare last weekend. He also sang to Ludacris' daughter. He also doesn't like to wear pants.
- What has been percolating around Twitter, et al. for some weeks now has (some) confirmation: Fast & Furious 7 will film in Atlanta next month. If you'll remember, the last one was kind of a big deal, grossing almost $800 million worldwide this year.
- HBO Sports was at Diamond Dallas Page's "Accountability Crib" last weekend for an upcoming special.
- Drop Dead Diva filmed in Peachtree City this week.
- Kill the Messenger has been posted up at Delk Road and Red Top Mountain this week while The Familymoon finally moved from Buford to Lake Lanier. Look, Jeremy Renner, Rosemarie DeWitt and some folks in the woods!
Kill the Messenger #JeremyRenner #RosemarieDewitt #LucasHedges #KilltheMessenger #atlwood411 @ATLWOOD411 pic.twitter.com/RP4CaWtxEc
- ATLWOOD (@ATLWOOD411) August 14, 2013
- Do you want to be in the Dumb and Dumber sequel? Do you like winning things? Do both! Seriously.
- Single Ladies needs "bohemian," "cool" women, ages 20-45, for shooting on Aug. 20. Alternately The Vampire Diaries needs handsome guys for filming on Aug. 21-22 in Conyers, where its sister spin-off The Originals has also been set up recently. (The casting call clarifies that "a selfie is fine.")
- CL Casting needs two photographers and Hispanic/Asian men and women for work on Kill the Messenger today.
- Floyd County Productions, which is behind FX's anarchic animated series Archer, is relocating to Atlantic Station from Zonolite Road.
- Continuing its 40th anniversary celebration, the Georgia Film Office is hosting a special screening of Zombieland, which filmed here, at The Fox. Additionally, the Office is holding a costume contest prior, encouraging attendees to dress up as their favorite film character or zombie (or who was filmed in the state, natch). The winner gets $1,000 and a pair of one-day passes to DragonCon. More details here.
- Nancy Motes, daughter-of-Smyrna and Julia Roberts' younger sister, is speaking publicly for the first-time - about Roberts, about her struggles with weight loss, etc. etc.
- Playwright and filmmaker Del Shores (Sordid Lives) has been chosen as an honorary grand marshal of this year's Atlanta Pride.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
@ Mark from Atlanta "Ask your buddies Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity etc if union members are…
"multi-millions for public amenities, civic pride and bragging rights; but, not a penny for "little…
Every city in America has a large part of its central business district (CBD) that…
"this picture was instead replaced with Black Men" No problem...black folk get robbed and killed,…
"She's baaaaaack..." I wish.... "do yourself a favor and gain some knowledge about the meaning…
"And used by every Rightwing "Christian" since it was spoken to justify greed." I've never…