- Good news: Fast & Furious 7 is here! Almost. The fast-tracked (sorry) project, starts production mere months after F&F 6 broke box office records for the franchise. The newest installment reteams Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and Ludacris, among several others, alongside new baddie (spoiler) Jason Statham, playing someone who evidently likes to blow up people's cars. Better news: The movie needs extras.
- The Vampire Diaries is in full-on production mode around the metro area. Its spin-off still resides in Conyers and still needs extras (see below).
- The Walking Dead, whose next season premieres in October, filmed in Senoia this week.
- Kill the Messenger filmed at the Marriott, the State Archives building, and elsewhere this week.
- Drew Scott, one half of the eponymous Property Brothers, landed in town this week to start filming for the next nine months.
- Jeremy Renner goes to bars, like the rest of us; unlike the rest of us, photos of him end up on Tumblr.
- Josh Groban was reportedly at Children's Healthcare on behalf of the Ryan Seacrest Foundation.
- HGTV's Vern Yip took a stroll through Piedmont Park during last weekend's unseasonable (and blessed) coolness.
Walk in @piedmontpark this morning in between the rain. 65 degrees in August. What's up #ATL ? pic.twitter.com/mhKsiMV2XV
- Vern Yip (@VernYipDesigns) August 17, 2013
- Remember how HBO was filming at Dallas Diamond Page's house? The Real Sports feature aired earlier this week. If you're so able, catch a rerun.
- A.C.O.D., starring Adam Scott, filmed in Georgia last year, played at Sundance this winter, and now has a release date: Oct. 4
- Looking to work on the Dumb and Dumber sequel? Email your resume to email@example.com; you might get to meet Jim Carrey. (Not guaranteed.) Conversely, or simultaneously, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org about the upcoming Hunger Games installment, which starts shooting here next month.
- The Originals needs partygoers. Specifically, you must be a man/woman aged 25-50 for a "very sophisticated/cool/stylized" masquerade ball. A word of warning: ""We cannot use ladies with only bridesmaids or Prom dresses." They also need witches and warlocks for work today. No costumes. Funky bohemian and "more attractive bohemian" preferred.
- Middle Eastern? Hispanic? A mechanic? Military? Available Sept. 11-13 and 16? Email photos + info to Fast7Atl@gmail.com. Something will probably happen.
- Nineteen scripted TV programs are in production or have aired this year in Georgia, a record since the state revamped its tax credits in '08. Yay! Or, as Rodney Ho put it, "Without said credits, only Tyler Perry's programs and perhaps The Real Housewives of Atlanta would even be here."
- Are you following Nick Schou on Twitter? He's the author of Kill the Messenger and, more importantly, is on-hand while Renner and company are filming their adaptation in Atlanta. And more importantly he's tweeting about it, like, frequently.
Watching Jeremy Renner, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Oliver Platt perform a key scene in KTM pic.twitter.com/SEdTRrUFIb
- Nicholas Schou (@NickSchou) August 20, 2013
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: email@example.com; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
"I didn't watch baseball, football or basketball for nearly a decade because it was from…
"What about the ITP fans? Are they fat asses...?" _______________________________________________________ I suppose, but Oy and…
"Some people join unions for philosophical reasons." __________________________________________ All people join unions for philosophical reasons…
" I am asking you for your source to prove union members are leftists." _________________________________________________________…
"GO BRAVES! AND KEEP RIGHT ON GOING!...right outta town...."
Finally - common ground!
"Seventy rounds fired? I'm surprised that Ghetto Gobins can even perform a magazine change." _____________________________________________________________…