- Adam Sandler's The Familymoon wrapped a few weeks ago and Kill the Messenger is on its way out, too, with a recent wrap party at Ormsby's.
- The Red Road has been filming in the metro area since last week, in East Cobb and elsewhere. The series (about a morally-complicated and possibly - compromised cop, natch) comes as part of the Sundance Channel's continued push into scripted, after the success of Top of the Lake and Rectify earlier this year.
- Fast & Furious 7 has a start-start date: Sept. 9.
- OLV reports that Dumb and Dumber To will start filming next month, after several weeks of pre-production.
- ABC's new fall drama Resurrection reportedly filmed around Cartersville.
- Lifetime's Devious Maids continues filming. Good news, fans! The series was recently renewed for a second season, so expect more of this sort of thing.
The #DeviousMaids Filming in Atlanta @EdyGanem @paulagarces1 @Roselyn_Sanchez @TheRealAnaOrtiz pic.twitter.com/nG6cfm3m19
- ROSEWOOD& DM (@TownOfRosewood) August 23, 2013
Spotted: NeNe from The Real Housewives of Atlanta, just filming and eating lunch. #GottaLoveAtlanta 😂🎬 pic.twitter.com/3agkqRtkCa
- Jordan Weynand (@JayyWeyy) August 23, 2013
- The Originals needs real musicians who own real brass and bluegrass instruments, including trumpets, tubas, saxophones, clarinets, trombones, banjos, bass fiddles, dulcimers, lap steels, etc. etc. Email OriginalsExtras@gmail.com
- AMC is gearing up production on its next scripted drama, Line of Sight, with its recent casting of David Morrissey, who was last seen being awful to everyone on The Walking Dead. The new project, touted as AMC's first sci-fi foray, is scheduled to start shooting its pilot here next month. Morrissey will star, playing a National Transportation Safety Board who survives a plane crash - mysteriously.
- Drew Scott tweets at/aspires to be around Ludacris.
- Honey Boo Boo is 8. She has almost certainly made more money and donated more things to charity than I have.
- Rodney Ho has your wrap-up of all the locals on national TV, including contestants on The Amazing Race and So You Think You Can Dance.
- Trick question: Is Atlanta now hogging film and TV production?
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
GREETINGS FROM THE GREAT GRAND MASTER! IN REGARDS OF YOU BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE…
I like Trumps response about finding hoping Russia finds the other 30K emails....Trump reminds me…
The Russian espionage angle is a red scare tactic floated by the Clinton team and…
Isn't the Atlanta area crime due mostly to people with multiple felonies and other repeat…
Mosby had a weak case to begin and tried to start a stampede with inflammatory…
how bout some more pics of the GA delegation?