Governor Nathan Deal and his wife Sandra Deal announced today that the state of Georgia's art collection will be taking a stroll around the state in the coming year. Inspired Georgia: 28 Works from Georgia's State Art Collection features work created in the state mostly between the 1970s through the 1990s by artists that include Benny Andrews, Lucinda Bunnen, Herbert Creecy, Howard Finster, Ruth Laxson and Nellie Mae Rowe. The Georgia Council for the Arts maintains the state's art collection.
Via press release, Deal said, "Sandra and I hope that this collection will inspire visitors and local citizens to learn more about Georgia's artistic heritage and current artists, and to Explore Georgia." Apparently, "Explore Georgia" is a catchphrase that Deal sees fit to capitalize.
In the next 14 months, Inspired Georgia will make stops at the following venues throughout the state:
* Quinlan Visual Arts Center in Gainesville
* Monroe Arts Guild in Monroe
* The Currahee Artists Guild
* Paradise Gardens in Summerville
* Dogwood City Art Gallery in Tallapoosa
* Arts Clayton in Jonesboro
* Dublin Laurens Arts Council in Dublin
* Georgia Museum of Agriculture Art Gallery in Tifton
* Camden County High School, Fine Arts Academy in Kingsland
The schedule hasn't yet been finalized, but is expected to be announced next week.
@ Mark from Atlanta "Broch, you keep throwing around facts without doing any real research…
@ Mark from Atlanta "Remedial math at Tech is beginning calculus." Wrong again. Calculus was…
"Once again, you are mistaken. Carter was not deemed by the Navy as qualified to…
I miss Stefan's Vintage Clothing!
"I think an important consideration that is missing from this article is that the culture…