- Philip Seymour Hoffman died suddenly last weekend and many questions are left in his absence. Least important of these is probably what will happen to his work on The Hunger Games. But still: Filmmakers have said he had only days left on his part in both halves of Mockingjay; CGI and other sleight-of-production will be used to fill the gap. (Also, in case you missed it, read these two pieces about Hoffman if you read any of them at all.)
- Mockingjay filmed at Peachtree and Ellis earlier this week - specifically, the basement of 200 Peachtree. Random aerial photo break!
- Cell, starring Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack, filmed close to Sweet Auburn Curb Market.
- AMC's "Halt and Catch Fire" reportedly filmed at a Sandy Springs church.
- As of last week, 25 different film and TV projects are filming in the state.
- Justin Bieber in Atlanta. Justin Bieber at a club. Justin Bieber playing hockey. Justin Bieber out until 6 a.m. eating chicken.
- How tall do we think Samuel L. Jackson is? Because he seems tall.
Castings & Deals:
- Evangeline Lily is probably going to be in Ant-Man but who is Evangeline Lily going to be playing? The Wasp, maybe: "She started out as Katherine Hepburn in Bringing Up Baby but then became Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face." (Michael Peña may be joining her.)
- There will always be a lot to tell about the story of Richard Jewell. We've told it. ESPN told it. Now, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill - fresh from a collaboration in the
unwatchable Wolf of Wall Street - are reteaming for The Ballad of Richard Jewell, based on the Vanity Fair piece of the same name from 1996. Hill will play Jewell, while DiCaprio will play his lawyer.
- ICYMI, here's how to and where and what to get cast on "The Vampire Diaries."
- Do not read this to learn anything about Andy Garcia's new movie. Read it for everything else.
- Last night's "Biggest Loser" finale sparked a huge reaction and I do not want the day to end without addressing it.
- Last. Snow. Joke. Ever.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
@ Roxanne Dimacale
Hi, We're looking for kidney donors, Very urgently. B+ve , O+ve, O+ and A+ve with…
Thought-provoking piece ! I was enlightened by the points . Does someone know where I…
In Dec. of 2014 I was diagnosed with terminal cancer at the age of 39…
I think it would be great if the bloods and crips stopped killing each other,…