- Cell moved to east Cobb this week. (More about its star, Samuel L. Jackson, and the need for extras below.)
- The spate of snow and ice slowed most local productions down: "Devious Maids," "Drop Dead Diva," "Halt and Catch Fire," "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta," "The Originals," "Rectify," and "The Vampire Diaries" all took at least one day off in the middle of the week.
- Permits permitting, Mockingjay was supposed to have been filming at 200 Peachtree through Monday.
- Justin Bieber has not just been playing hockey and eating chicken during his Atlanta sojourn. He's also been in the studio with T.I. He also spent $250 on snacks while seeing a 7:45 p.m. showing of Ride Along at the Phipps AMC. Here's more about the hot dogs he bought.
- You probably saw a tall, handsome black man in the supermarket this past weekend and thought, for a moment, "That kind of looks like Tyler Perry." Except he was wearing a hat and sunglasses and because why would Tyler Perry be going to your supermarket? (It was Tyler Perry.)
- Jackson was reportedly spotted at Sam's BBQ 1 in Marietta. But I'm told he was definitely at STK this past Saturday, dining with "three female companions." More completely, "Jackson was spotted wearing a black sweater with a red vest and beanie. A known vegetarian, Jackson sipped on ginger beer and enjoyed a sampling from Executive Chef Matt Rainey's menu including sweet mashed potatoes, a hearts of romaine salad and corn pudding."
- Cell needs runners for work Wednesday and Friday. Given that the movie is about an apocalyptic event sparked by a brain-scrambling cell phone virus, I'm guessing these runners will be playing victims or the rage zombies who chase them. Email photos + info to CellExtras@gmail.com.
- "Rectify," that slow syrupy drink of a drama, needs women in their 20s and 30s with "some acting experience" for work next Wednesday(ish) in Griffin. Email a photo + info to RectifyExtras@gmail.com
Deals & Payoffs:
- Endless Love opens today and but is expected to be overshadowed by that other '80s remake, RoboCop.
- The CW has renewed five of its shows, including "The Originals" and "The Vampire Diaries."
- Also, "The Walking Dead" is back as of Sunday, but if you aren't watching that then you're probably (un)dead. (Sorry.)
- Matthew Modine will be the special guest at this year's Macon Film Festival, headlining a special screening of Birdy.
- Eli Kirshtein, now chef/owner of Krog Street Market's The Luminary and formerly of "Top Chef," would like to make sure you know what do with your food in case of emergencies.
- Herschel Walker has emerged victorious from "Rachael Vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook Off." And while I've never been to his newish downtown Athens restaurant, it does reside where my favorite noodle shop used to. So.
- ICYMI, last weekend the actor Hill Harper was honored at Philips as part of Black History Month. Also! "I've always been passionate about teaching kids how to build a solid financial foundation to build a life you want, to get them to understand the time value of money," Hill says.
- "CamoBatman is ready!"
- "Samuel L. Jackson DESTROYS NEWS ANCHOR."
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
@Dont Care .... "Dont" = Don't. "Cris" = Chris. "Their" = They're.
Actually, the league gets most of its 'black' players from Latin America!
Max Blau, I think that CL readers would really benefit from an investigative story into…
"There were things done in the past that was loosey-goosey at best. Looking back now,…
6 trumps 3, unless Eaves has photos of Hizzoner in bed with a live boy…
Baseball doesn't fit the Black thug narrative that's why you don't see very many Blacks…