- Insurgent, the slated sequel to the as-yet-unopened YA adaptation Divergent starring Shailene Woodley, reportedly will film in Atlanta and Chicago (where the story is set) starting in May.
- NBC's "Constantine" pilot, which will probably not be anything like the Keanu Reeves vehicle from 2005, will film in Atlanta. (Can you work a camera? Do you love Hellblazer? Skip down for some casting news.)
- Lila and Eve filmed at Emory, off Briarcliff Road.
- Here's what "Devious Maids" may look like.
- Cell filmed off Abernathy Road.
- AMC's "Halt and Catch Fire" filmed on Chamblee Tucker Road.
- That sound you hear is Justin Bieber saying "I WANNA MOVE TO ATLANTA NOW." (Sorry, Buckhead-ers.)
- Robin Thicke was reportedly seen at Publik Draft House on Tuesday night.
- Josh Hutcherson
and his stubble is back!
- Aaron Paul, in town to promote Need for Speed (more on that below), was reportedly seen with Ashlee Simpson at the Establishment in Buckhead last Friday night. (He was also apparently seen at Whole Foods.)
- The Jack Black-starring adaptation of Goosebumps will start filming in April, but they'll be casting extras at the Creek Pointe Drive Marriott tomorrow from noon-5 p.m. The headline role here is "Dwayne," also known as "a naturally funny young man whose size is that of a football star." Gotta be 16, though. More details here. (They also need crew. Send your best résumé and cover letter to GoosebumpsMovie@gmail.com.)
- "Constantine" needs any/all crew. Send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lila and Eve needs extras of many backgrounds, ages, etc. Here's the scoop. Here's where you submit your info.
- B.J. Novak, ex- of "The Office" and always of Mindy Kaling's heart, will be at the Atlanta History Center tonight to talk about his "endlessly entertaining, surprisingly sensitive, and startlingly original" new story collection. Buy your tickets here.
- Joe Conway, a teacher at Holy Innocents in Sandy Springs, just had his Things People Do debut at the Berlin Film Festival.
- Paul talks Need for Speed. But more importantly: "I think Jesse might show up in the prequel of 'Breaking Bad.'"
- Former 96rocker Steve Mitchell talks about his Punchline-centric documentary If These Walls Could Talk.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: email@example.com; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
how bout some more pics of the GA delegation?
I've never seen a Green Party candidate be a drooling tool of the GOP before!…
Well well well, absolutely shocking that Jill Stein would eventually align herself with Trump in…
@ The Truth Did you notice he said nothing about 1998? And no one said…
Should not the Library Executive Director, his administration and Library staff be involved in the…
Admit it, we were all waiting on Bill to say something to the tune of…