- Fast & Furious 7 will resume filming in April, after months of delay following the sudden death of franchise star Paul Walker, whose character will now be retired. The film's release date has been pushed back a year, to April of 2015.
- "Survivor's Remorse," a half-hour comedy on Starz produced by LeBron James and staffed by at least one Gawker-er, will shoot in Atlanta. It'll premiere in the fall.
- Mockingjay filmed near John Portman on Peachtree and at Bellwood Quarry, off Marietta Boulevard.
- Those in the know tell me that T.I. and an adorable pair of glasses were at the Woodruff Arts Center Monday night for InterSessions, a dialogue with curator Michael Rooks presented and moderated by Atlanta artist Fahamu Pecou. Those in the know then also gave me some photos from the evening.
- Mockingjay needs ladies - great looking, older, and athletic. It's for work March 26-27, and April 1-2. Send three photos + info ASAP to CLCEccentric@gmail.com with the subject line "4 DAY WOMAN!!"
- Goosebumps still needs zombies, natch. It also needs puppeteers - a marionettist, ventriloquist, whatever. More here.
- A new TV pilot is hosting a casting call tomorrow from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Stone Mountain Harley-Davidson in Conyers. Needed: "Marilyn Manson and Gothic type looks; Albino men and women and amputees for a special portion of this project; Avid biker types: Male and female. All rider and owners over 18; Twins; Unique character looks sizes and shapes; Period wardrobe and hair, Roaring 20's to Heavy Metal 80's to Bettie Pages."
Deals & Payoffs:
- Dorfman, the woman who (spoiler) eliminated herself from this season of "The Bachelor," is in the front-running to be the next "Bachelorette."
- Sundance's "The Red Road" premiered last night. If you watched the pilot, I can promise you that things only get more intense. Or, as Jason Momoa told me recently, "I've never read a script that burns through drama so quickly."
- Some sad news out of Savannah: Sarah Jones, 27, was struck by a train and killed last week while working on the Gregg Allman biopic Midnight Rider (production has been halted). Her colleague speaks: "It went down right in front of me. I have these random images I can't really put aside. It still doesn't seem real." You can "show your slate love here."
- Columbus native and local stand-up staple Tim Wilson, who co-wrote Jeff Foxworthy's hit, "The Redneck 12 Days of Christmas," died Wednesday of a heart attack. He was 52.
- ICYMI, Atlanta's Southern Culture Artisan Foods got a deal with Barbara Corcoran on ABC's "Shark Tank" last Friday. (Diamond Dave Page's DDPYoga fitness system was not so lucky.)
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
If it were not for community resistance, Georgia Tech would have bulldozed Crum and Forster…
What a fucking clown show. A mile to walk to the arena? IDK, they only…
No disrespect to any who live there, but College Park is often ranked the most…
"The midtown neighbors were able to force Georgia Tech to leave the front of the…
To Tom Turkey, that is why you have that name. You don't know what you…
@ atlantan109 I was involved back then because I was cynical about what the State…