- You'll remember that Mockingjay has recently been filming in Norcross. If you don't remember, here's your reminder (complete with green screen?). Meanwhile, the Swan House prepares for its next close-up. Filming wraps up the middle of April.
- Fast & Furious 7 filmed all up and down midtown/downtown, including Peachtree and Forsyth Streets.
- A Walk in the Woods, starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte and the Appalachian Trial, will film in Atlanta, according to Jennifer Brett. The film adapts Bill Bryson's eponymous travelogue. They need interns!
- Term Life has set up off Sylvan Road. It's also been filming at the Fulton Cotton Mill Lofts.
- "Being Mary Jane" was reportedly spotted at Monroe and Armor Drives. (More casting info for it below.)
- "Halt and Catch Fire" is still filming in Conyers. (More on that below, too.)
- A tipster tells me that Mockingjay director Francis Lawrence likes to go to midtown's Lure, sit at the bar and eat oysters. Bill Paxton has also been seen there, three different times this week, Term Life script in hand.
- Ryan Lochte. In Atlanta. Last weekend.. Not swimming! But swimmer-adjacent.
- "The Originals" needs newborn babies for work April 10-25. "THESE BABIES NEED TO BE NEWBORNS."
- Starz's "Survivor's Remorse" needs a 2nd Assistant Director, Script Supervisor, Art Department Coordinator and and Art PA. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BET's "Being Mary Jane," recently renewed for season 2, needs "male and female extras of all looks and ethnicities, ages 18 and older" for work through July. Go here to submit.
Deals & Payoffs:
- Mike Epps is joining both "Survivor's Remorse" and "Being Mary Jane," the former as an uncle and the latter as a well-adjusted father and husband.
- Here is what Lee Pace looks like in "Halt and Catch Fire." (He looks good.)
- Pinewood Studios is getting its very own Home Depot.
- Two invaluable insider-y reads: "How Georgia Toppled Louisiana in Attracting TV Productions" (hint: Hartsfield) and "The Quiet Success of the Black Unscripted Boom."
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: email@example.com; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
He didn't ask for any of this. She took it upon herself to start this…
Not a huge fan of the ankle cuff sneakers that Serena (and KD) are wearing…
Kind of strange that some random lady started a GoFundMe for that kid. I'm curious…
Can Tim Lee get any more pitiful?
Are my nards going to get irradiated?
sarcasm, and the lost art therein.