- Following the production restart on Fast & Furious 7, Paul Walker's brothers, Caleb and Cody, are helping "complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production," the studio announced earlier this week. "Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too." Following Walker's sudden death in November, it was widely understood that his character will be retired at some point in the franchise's latest installment.
- Midnight Rider, the Gregg Allman biopic whose production turned tragic earlier this year, will resume production this summer. In Los Angeles.
- As production heads toward the finish line, Mockingjay continues shooting in Norcross. Random shipping crate break!
- Term Life filmed in Grantville.
- Here are the the first casting calls for Insurgent: the roles follow the film's peculiarities - "HARD CORE athletes" are needed as much as "HIPPIES" and people with a "HEALTH GLOW."
- The Redford-starring A Walk in the Woods needs Civil War reenactors for work May 1. You gotta be experienced (and be able to bring your own gear). Send three photos + info to WalkInTheWoodsATL@gmail.com.
- The new Goosebumps adaptation already has a short but illustrious history of issuing the greatest casting notices in the history of histories. The latest installment: mimes, amputees, and living statue artists.
- USA's "Chrisley Knows Best," starring the eponymous Roswell resident, has been renewed for a second season.
- "Paternity Court" (exactly what it sounds like) is coming to Atlanta.
- Open Road Films has come on board as the distributor for John Singleton's Tupac. The musical biopic is slated to shoot here in late-summer.
- T.I. wants to move to Buckhead, TMZ says. His new "pad" will set him "free," TMZ reports. The commute in Buckhead is harmless, TMZ implies.
- TLC's "Women of Homicide" featured an Atlanta homicide detective who can "rock a fedora."
- Do you live in Snellville? Do you know Sabrina Mergenthaler? Are you going to watch her on "Naked and Afraid" this Sunday?
- Tommy Lee Jones' The Homesman, which shot in Historic Lumpkin (south of Columbus), will premiere at Cannes this summer.
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
So $40-$55 million of taxpayer's money is to be spent to add more space to…
Ha, a library with very few "traditional library services"--great idea, if you are an architect…
@ Roxanne Dimacale
Hi, We're looking for kidney donors, Very urgently. B+ve , O+ve, O+ and A+ve with…
Thought-provoking piece ! I was enlightened by the points . Does someone know where I…