- Guess what time it is already!? Insurgent will begin production early next week.
- Goosebumps is off filming in downtown Madison.
Selma, a historic film culminating in the historic march from Selma to Montgomery, began production in the city this week. It also shot in the Covington Town Square, per OLV.
- BET's "Being Mary Jane" filmed at the Woodruff Arts Center.
- Boris Kodjoe dined at STK both Saturday and Sunday. I'm told that, on Sunday, he and his wife "noshed on an array of salads" while celebrating their wedding anniversary. (That's Kodjoe with two hostesses.)
- Bone Lick BBQ recently welcomed both Questlove and Jack Black. Tipsters sent me this photo of Black with owner Mike LaSage.
- Samuel L. Jackson was all over Atlanta last weekend, including the "Greens in the Day, Blues in the Night" fundraiser.
- Amanda Seyfried was reportedly in Cumming and I cannot for the life of me find out why.
- "Looking for anyone with Kosher butcher experience" for the Kate Winslet/Aaron Paul/Casey Affleck/Gal Gadot/etc. film Triple Nine. This butcher is going to be big. Email info + photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Survivor's Remorse" needs extras for a red carpet gala filming next Friday. You gotta have your own tux, though. Put "Gala 5/30" if/when applying here.
Deals & Payoffs:
- VH1's Drumline sequel ("A New Beat") will probably start production here soon; its premiere is slated for the fall. The network has also greenlit "Hindsight," which is about the '90s.
- Ludacris has joined the judges panel of ABC's summertime singing show "Rising Star," alongside Brad Paisley and Ke$ha.
- "The Bachelorette," starring Fulton County ADA Andi Dorfman and lotsa men, premiered on Monday. Or, as Gywnedd Stuart instead said: "Never ever in all my days toiling on this hell planet did I think the 'Bachelor/Bachelorette', a franchise known for its grueling two-hour episodes, would leave me wanting more misery. Then last night's hour and a half season premiere happened."
- The Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore comedy Blended opens today.
- On Monday, Emory's University Inn will appear on the Travel Channel's "Hotel Impossible." Apparently, partway through production, it was going "better" than expected.
- Christian mad libs: "GSN's 'American Bible Challenge' returns with Jeff Foxworthy"
- Tracy Morgan is performing at the Tabernacle on June 5. He also loves Atlanta. Or, as he calls it, "the hippest place to play."
- The parents of Sarah Jones, the woman who died during production of the Gregg Allman biopic Midnight Rider, have filed suit against Savannah's Chatham County. The suit names both the film's production company and Allman.
- "I think I'm Bunny," says the woman who plays Britney in Blended.
- Do you ever stop and ask yourself what Sens. Johnny Isakson and Chris Dodd would look like at, say, an Atlanta film premiere - together?
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Pictures? Filming news? We need 'em! Drop me a line: email@example.com; or send me a tweet @acarlson91 (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood).
@ Mark from Atlanta "Property tax rebates for xeriscaping." Why? If an owner has enough…
"Mark, there is no perfect solution to this problem. Since you don't like my idea,…
"Two problems with your suggestion: 1. The upper income folks will still be filling their…
I was been suffering hard ship from HIV/AIDS since 9yrs now, and i happen to…
YES!!! Thanks for pointing that out!!! I saw that in the print edition. A perfect…
Oh good, you guys are still at it.