Walker, who has starred in the series since the first film in 2001, died over the weekend in a single-car accident in California.
Filming was scheduled to resume today following the Thanksgiving holiday. When filming will resume and how the film will be modified in Walker's absence is still unclear.
- Now that their assault on downtown is complete, the Fast & Furious 7 base camp has reportedly moved to DeFoor Avenue and Howell Mill Road. (Random rubble break.) It filmed at Spring and Garnett Streets.
- What is Mockingjay building in Griffin?
- The Game filmed at 10th and Spring.
- Dumb and Dumber To has basically wrapped. The Walking Dead's Laurie Holden was back in Senoia,
fighting for her life seeing friends.
- Reportedly, Real Housewives of Atlanta filmed at a Menchie's, for which I can offer no explanation.
- Meanwhile, The Vampire Diaries took a field trip up to midtown, near Atlantic Station.
- According to unnamed sources, Edgar Wright's Ant-Man, a key piece in Marvel's various upcoming "Phases," will film at Atlanta's Pinewood Studios, since London's Pinewood was all booked up. Collider's EIC basically backed this up in a recent tweet, so I wouldn't call it crazy.
- Fast & Furious 7, which apparently goes by the name "Rogue Unit" also, brought a helicopter along with all of its recent night shooting. (Random explosion break.) Hey! That night shooting is set to continue. Look! I got a hold of the filming locations:
- Fast & Furious 7 is finally mostly outside the perimeter at Gwinett, but it'll be back in the city starting Nov. 18. (Shirtless Vin Diesel break.)
- The Hunger Games went to Meriwether County this week.
- Samuel L. Jackson's Barely Legal, costarring Jessica Alba and (bizarrely?) Hailee Steinfeld, still shot at Marietta High School and then Decatur and Covington.
- Dumb and Dumber To is reportedly down to its last two weeks of production. (Bill Murray break.)
- Actually, a lot of city streets are going to be or have closed. Like, a lot and like, a while.
- Barely Lethal (you read that right), starring Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba, started filming in the metro area - specifically, Marietta High and then Covington. Here's what their base camp looks like.
- The Trip to Bountiful, which continues to include more and more cool people, has been shooting around Macon.
- Mockingjay filmed downtown near Peachtree Center Avenue and in Griffin. Cast and crew are reportedly taking the holidays of, just as Catching Fire kicks into high promotional gear. It will move to Newnan in December.
- Fast & Furious 7 filmed in Stockbridge and, like, all over downtown: Piedmont Avenue, Wall Street, Decatur Street. Most of it is reportedly night shoots.
- Dumb & Dumber To was at the Gwinnett Performing Arts Center for more than week, and recently wrapped. Photos!
- VH1's pilot Hindsight, about a grown woman who wakes up 15 years ago, filmed in the Marietta Square this week.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman was at the Atlanta Fish Market (what is it with this cast and caps?); while his Hunger Games co-star Elizabeth Banks saw Gravity at Atlantic Station.
- Jim Carrey is an author. We have proof.
Ladies and gents, Jim Carrey! pic.twitter.com/26cm7ZPHu9
- Jennifer Brett (@AJCBuzz) October 19, 2013
- This is completely irrelevant and also completely weird: Filming for Spongebob 2 (a real movie) has started in Savannah, starring Antonio Banderas, who has apparently ridden in a pirate ship, down the street, at least once. The Morning News has photos.
- Dumb and Dumber To will film in Monroe this weekend. Are you a car? You should scroll down for some casting news.
@olv @Peachyscoop @ATLWOOD411 Base camp for Dumb and Dumber 2 off of 78 in Between,GA near Monroe pic.twitter.com/szWECjcyia
- Shawn Korem (@shawnkorem) October 4, 2013
When VH1 began teasing it's forthcoming biopic on Atlanta pop trio TLC earlier this summer, the Internet seemed to let out a collective sigh. And with good reason; the trailer for Crazysexycool: The TLC Movie looked like an after-school special. It wasn't the casting that raised eyebrows, despite the LOLs and hell nawls that abounded when news leaked that the same Lil Mama who never quite lived down the embarrassment of awkwardly stage bombing Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' performance at the 2009 MTV VMAs would be portraying Left Eye. To the contrary, the cast almost looked like a carbon copy of the real thing, with scenes from classic videos like "Creep" and "Waterfalls" recreated down to the most minute choreography and wardrobe detail.
But the real story seemed like a total afterthought. Since then, however, the network has released additional trailers that attempt to give a more rounded peek into the professional trials and personal tribulations that made the members of the best-selling girl-group of all time so authentic to their fan base. That's partly what made the surreal 2007 biopic on the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes so moving. (By the way, you can watch Last Days, which also originally aired on VH1, in its entirety on YouTube now.)
In the latest trailers, there's a preview of Left Eye setting the fire that burned down the home of her then-boyfriend Andre Rison of the Atlanta Falcons as well as overdub of T-Boz explaining how the multi-platinum group went bankrupt, as she explained in their VH1 "Behind the Music" special.
The TLC biopic, which premieres Mon., Oct. 21, is executive produced by surviving members Tionne "T-Boz Watkins and Rozonda "Chili" Thomas. The two have also been prepping the release of 20, a greatest hits compilation which drops next week to celebrate TLC's two decades in the music biz. A new recording from the project, "Meant to Be," leaked this week. The song is titled after a motivational slogan the trio apparently used among themselves when it was time to take the stage - "TLC, meant to be."
You can check out additional trailers from the made-for-TV movie below the jump:
- Dumb & Dumber To shot downtown (as did Fast & Furious 7, of course; here's a separate update from La Walker himself), and then shot in Grant Park and Monroe. Jim Carrey is a Falcons fan? (Is anyone else after this week?)
@Peachyscoop @AJCBuzz Jim Carrey is at the Falcons game! My friend just sent me this, so jealous! pic.twitter.com/aIni4cCK08
- Emily Sugg (@Emily_Sugg) September 29, 2013
- How do you remember Dumb and Dumber's Harry and Lloyd? Because Dumb and Dumber To has been shooting in
Rhode Island Cabbagetown, as promised, (Pearl Street and Kirkwood Avenue, specifically) and we now have photos of the pair, more than a decade later.
We're Back!!! #DumbTo pic.twitter.com/u2u42yM2hk
- Jeff Daniels (@Jeff_Daniels) September 24, 2013
>Not understand why they can't adopt a pet when their current ones are unvaccinated and…
Hopefully he has enough sense not to repeat the TSPLOST debacle.
@ Mark from Atlanta "Call me crazy, but I really don't think the U.S. Navy…
"wringing his hands in indecision, paralyzed by over-analysis." __________________________________________________ Call me crazy, but I really…
"After four years of malaise, Reagan helped turn around the U.S. economy." _____________________________________________________________ Reagan: Through…
@ Mark from Atlanta "That has historically been the case that women and children, because…