- Last weekend, Term Life filmed off Luckie Street - reportedly involving one armored truck and one explosion - and then the Georgia Aquarium. (Base camp appears to be right next to the Tabernacle.) Production continues through the start of April. (More on its star, Vince Vaughn, below. More on him wearing a sport coat here.)
- Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva" is filming its last season down in Peachtree City - the sixth and final premiere is March 23. Random Rick Springfield break!
- "The Vampire Diaries" filmed around 200 Peachtree and Cone Street this week, according to OLV.
- Production has wrapped on Lila & Eve, starring Jennifer Lopez and Viola Davis. The film will be released in 2015.
- Fast & Furious 7 will resume filming in April, after months of delay following the sudden death of franchise star Paul Walker, whose character will now be retired. The film's release date has been pushed back a year, to April of 2015.
- "Survivor's Remorse," a half-hour comedy on Starz produced by LeBron James and staffed by at least one Gawker-er, will shoot in Atlanta. It'll premiere in the fall.
- Mockingjay filmed near John Portman on Peachtree and at Bellwood Quarry, off Marietta Boulevard.
- Insurgent, the slated sequel to the as-yet-unopened YA adaptation Divergent starring Shailene Woodley, reportedly will film in Atlanta and Chicago (where the story is set) starting in May.
- NBC's "Constantine" pilot, which will probably not be anything like the Keanu Reeves vehicle from 2005, will film in Atlanta. (Can you work a camera? Do you love Hellblazer? Skip down for some casting news.)
- Lila and Eve filmed at Emory, off Briarcliff Road.
- Here's what "Devious Maids" may look like.
- Cell filmed off Abernathy Road.
- AMC's "Halt and Catch Fire" filmed on Chamblee Tucker Road.
- Cell moved to east Cobb this week. (More about its star, Samuel L. Jackson, and the need for extras below.)
- The spate of snow and ice slowed most local productions down: "Devious Maids," "Drop Dead Diva," "Halt and Catch Fire," "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta," "The Originals," "Rectify," and "The Vampire Diaries" all took at least one day off in the middle of the week.
- Permits permitting, Mockingjay was supposed to have been filming at 200 Peachtree through Monday.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman died suddenly last weekend and many questions are left in his absence. Least important of these is probably what will happen to his work on The Hunger Games. But still: Filmmakers have said he had only days left on his part in both halves of Mockingjay; CGI and other sleight-of-production will be used to fill the gap. (Also, in case you missed it, read these two pieces about Hoffman if you read any of them at all.)
- Mockingjay filmed at Peachtree and Ellis earlier this week - specifically, the basement of 200 Peachtree. Random aerial photo break!
- Cell, starring Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack, filmed close to Sweet Auburn Curb Market.
- AMC's "Halt and Catch Fire" reportedly filmed at a Sandy Springs church.
- As of last week, 25 different film and TV projects are filming in the state.
- Mockingjay, which shot at Pullman Yards last fall, was scheduled to shoot there Monday-Wednesday of this week
winter storms notwithstanding.
- The Last Punch moved to the Rhodes Center earlier this week.
- "Devious Maids" is shooting in Stone Mountain. No word on the approximate altitude.
- The reportedly Atlanta-based Ant-Man may also be shooting in San Francisco.
- Cell filmed at Sandy Springs' North River Tavern for a few days earlier this week.
- Erik Estrada is in a new movie; it is call Virtuous and it is "faith-based." It's also reportedly been filming at Jackson-area hospitals and prisons.
- Cell, an adaptation of Stephen King's novel, has finally begun filming - specifically "at the Norfolk Southern tunnel under the I-85 bridge at the end of Mayson Street." The film stars John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson and has been in some variation of production since the novel was released. Eli Roth was at one time attached, in between the surprise success of Hostel and the surprise failure of Hostel II.
- Lila and Eve, starring Jennifer Lopez and Viola Davis, continued filming - now in downtown Decatur. Photo break!
- "Devious Maids" shot on/around Valley Road in Buckhead (more below).
- Mockingjay moved to Norcross and is reportedly finished with its downtown shooting.
- The Last Punch, about Muhammad Ali's final fight, filmed Tuesday and Wednesday at the Yaarab Shrine on Ponce de Leon Avenue.
- Vince Vaughn's Term Life, which has been stalled and then un-stalled (etc.) throughout 2013, will reportedly film in Atlanta. Eventually. That'll make the second Atlanta project for Vaughn's co-star Hailee Steinfeld this year (and Jackson, too) after Barely Lethal.
- Devious Maids is juuust about to start shooting its second season. Fun fact: Eva Longoria will make her directorial debut with the premiere.
- One of the CW's vampire dramas was filming at Northside Drive and 17th Street, behind Atlantic Station.
- Kurt Russell on filming Fast & Furious 7: "They're working hard on doing what they have to do to try to make that thing work. I think they're going to gear up again in February or March."
- Ant-Man filming is rumored/slated/scheduled to begin in May at Pinewood Atlanta. (Hello, Michael Douglas!)
- AMC's Halt and Catch Fire reportedly filmed in Doraville.
But what if it was handjobs? Say the producers rounded up the ladies and brought them via limo bus (replete with stripper pole, no doubt) to some corporate headquarters where a bunch of rich, pantless executives were waiting in a boardroom to be yanked off. Upon climax, each man would donate $10,000 to a no-kill animal shelter by the sea. Would you do it because it was for a good cause? The answer is NO - you'd do it because Juan Pablo agreed to grease up his fist and masturbate a middle-age stranger right by your side. Isn't it romaaaaantiiiiiiiiccccccc? These are great lessons for young women.
We're getting so far ahead of ourselves!
Before the group date, Juan Pablo - who's losing his luster in record time! - took a couple of unlucky ladies on a couple of confusing one-on-one dates.
- Paul Walker's Brian O'Conner, who has been a cop and an ex-cop and then a cop again over the course of the Fast & Furious franchise, will be retired in the seventh film. (The film's release has also been pushed back to 2015.)
- Mockingjay resumed filming in Newnan's Caldwell Tanks and a bit more at the Marriott downtown.
- Complications, a new Matt Nix pilot (he created "Burn Notice," y'all), shot on Havenridge Drive this Wednesday and will continue shooting today.
- AMC's Halt and Catch Fire is filming in Snellville (and needs extras; more below).
- Property Brothers will get back to filming in the metro area next month.
Also, these people have to leave their entire country or risk death or prison due…
@ MBlau "They'll get to lower priority things in subsequent bond packages, they say." "They"…
Whenever I take a moment to relax over a beer or socialize over a couple…
One worthwhile item on the list would be sidewalk lighting, starting in high-pedestrian traffic areas…
At the end of the day, City taxpayers are on the hook for all of…
Here's an input for the $250 million bond initiative. Include an item to fund the…