1. If you are making instant couscous (and I always do because I am a lazy cook) all you do is microwave water and dump in the grains. After that, leave the work to science and couscous magic. The granules are fast absorbing and in less than three minutes a tasty, fulfilling dish appears right before your eyes! I make couscous almost everyday and the instant absorption never ceases to amaze me. Like, I don't have to do ANYTHING.
2. It is better than rice. Hands down. Someone should invent sushi wrapped in couscous because it would become more successful and taste one hundred billion times better.
3. Couscous is not thrown at weddings and stepped on. Why? Because it is AWESOME and deserves respect...bitches.
4. The texture: moist, fluffy, rough, ridiculous esophageal fun.
5. You can pair it with most anything; gravies, stews, meat, birds, broth, cinnamon and sugar, and steamed veggies. Scarf it down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or a midnight snack!
7. The Egyptians ate couscous. And they built the pyramids.
8. When used instead of beans in beanbags, it produces a softer, safer toy for children to throw at each other, making eye, ear, and groin injuries less frequent.
9. It basically inherits any flavor it's mixed with, but maintains its individuality with grace.
10. Couscous is universal. Everyone loves it. Moroccans, Africans, Europeans, slacker college students, Democrats, Republicans, the Olsen twins, koala bears, and Thor God of Thunder.
11. I ate it for breakfast this morning and that is why I'm writing this.
(Photos from Wikimedia Commons)
I grew up in the south on Krystal, lived in Chicago for 12 years on…
catch me at Whiskey Blue
Your mom loves them, so there's that.
Yeah Big Al judging by your online reviews, your Buttermade burgers SUCK.
I won fair and square. Don't be jealous, my burger is simply THE BEST.
No Sublime? I'm sad. Even their coffee is amazing.