1. Lunch is, no surprise, a less expensive and more casual meal than dinner at Watershed. The veggie plate is a great way to go - $14.50 for five vegetables with five different preparations: fried, grilled, roasted, etc. (It's $18 at dinnertime.)
2. I'm normally averse to the presence of white truffle oil, but the white truffle chicken salad sandwich at lunch actually makes it work well, thanks to playing it off the sweetness of golden raisins.
3. The bar is stocked with some very interesting artisan spirits, and the cocktails show nice creativity - my favorite is the Southern Manhattan Martini that mixes bourbon, Cynar, maple syrup, lemon juice and barbecue bitters into a surprisingly well-balanced and nuanced affair.
4. The wine list offers a number of interesting and eclectic wines by the glass - most around $10 - and Watershed is usually happy to let you taste something first if you're curious about a wine.
5. Corkage is $20 if you want to bring your own wine, which is not such a bad route for the winos among you, given that the markups on many of Watershed's wines by the bottle approach the range of three times retail.
6. The side of mac and cheese goes for the light and fluffy approach, almost like a pasta soufflé. My table gobbled it up quickly.
7. The crowd at lunchtime is well represented by wealthy businessmen and ladies who lunch. The crowd at dinner is also well represented by wealthy businessmen and ladies who lunch.
8. Fried chicken night is Wednesday night. I mean, Wednesday afternoon. Get there by 6 p.m. (Who are these people who eat dinner so early?)
9. Do not skip the hot milk cake. Seriously.
10. Did I mention the hot milk cake?
Some people can handle their alcohol fine, thank you very much. Ticket the people who…
Hippies are so annoying. As if there isn't a Starbucks on nearly every corner. This…
awww. so sad. rich white people don't have their favorite place to drink coffee farmed…
How about cops actually pull over drivers that are driving badly, rather than trying to…
"putting more restrictions on the moderate alcohol consumption does nothing to stop hardcore drunk drivers"
"Fire!" - Beavis