1) Comedian Margaret Cho performs at the Tabernacle for one night only.
2) Indie Craft Experience hosts Lucky No. 7 at Centennial Olympic Park.
3) Little Five Points Five Spot hosts a solid bill including Feeding Fingers, Slow Motion Crash, Cinetrope and more.
4) A (new) Genre Landscape opens at Cyclorama in Grant Park.
5) ZZ Top performs at Chastain Park Amphitheatre with the Zac Brown Band.
(Photo by Austin Young)
Todays Air Loaf features CLs Chanté LaGon and David Lee Simmons chatting about Surfwise, a film about the traveling Paskowitz family (opening tonight at Landmark Midtown Art Cinema), as well as comedian Margaret Cho whose Beautiful Tour stops at the Tabernacle this Sat., June 7.
Air Loaf is broadcast weekdays on 1690 WMLB-AM at approximately 8:10 a.m., 12:20 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
1) The Dixie Bee-Liners play Eddies Attic with openers the Chapmans.
2) "Last Comic Standing" alum Gabriel Iglesias performs at the Punchline.
3) Theatre Decatur presents opening weekend of A ... My Name Is Alice.
4) Battlestar Galactica goes down at Java Lords.
5) Django hosts Party with a Purpose, featuring art, music, and drink and dinner specials, to benefit the Artists for Charity Home in Ethiopia.
(Courtesy the Dixie Bee-Liners)
1) Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk signs and discusses his new book, Snuff, at Georgia Perimeter College.
2) Mac McAnally performs at Center Stage.
3) Comedy Centrals Jeff Dunham begins a two-day stint at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.
4) Taste of Atlanta hosts Culinaire at World of Coke.
5) The Artists' Atelier of Atlanta hosts visual artist Tom Wright for the Gordoni Solo Show.
(Photo by Shawn Grant)
Comedian BEN BAILEY rocks for two reasons he's funny as hell and he hosts one of the best shows on television, Discovery's "Cash Cab." Bailey will be at the Funny Farm for four nights, continuing Fri., MAY 30, and you don't want to miss this opportunity to hear him wax intellectual on what balls and sideburns have in common. May 29-June 1. $15. Thurs., 8:30 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 8 and 10:30 p.m.; Sun., 8 p.m. 608 Holcomb Bridge Road, Roswell. 770-817-4242. www.funnyfarmcomedyclub.com.
(Photo courtesy Ben Bailey)
2) AFL Bulletproof Fight Night gets rowdy at Philips Arena with mixed martial arts.
3) Buddy Guy opens the Atlanta Botanical Gardens summer concert series.
4) Miya Bailey's first solo art show includes his paintings, drawings and photos at City of Ink Tattoo & Art Gallery.
5) Cash Cab host and comedian Ben Bailey continues a four-day stint at the Funny Farm.
(Photo by Alicia J. Rose)
As a kid, illustrator and neo-pop artist Rod Whigham used to draw instead of doing his work. Now, as a comic book artist and art instructor, drawing is his work. Rod's obsession with the undead is currently open for public delectation in Zombie Romance at Rabbit-Hole Gallery through June 22.
Continue reading Culture Surfing.
1) Atlanta Jazz Festival invades Woodruff Park.
2) Decatur Arts Festival continues in Decatur Square with music, a juried artists market, fine arts exhibition and more.
3) Comedian Ben Lerman performs his Ukelear Meltdown Tour at Eyedrum Music & Art Gallery, as part of the MondoHomo Dirty South Festival.
4) The 14th Street Playhouse stages two showings of The Coloring Book: Introducing the Hemphill Kids.
5) Atlanta Cyclorama Civil War Museum commemorates our servicemen and -women in a special Memorial Day weekend tribute in Grant Park.
1) MondoHomo Dirty South festivities continue at various metro locations.
2) Comedy troupe Kids in the Hall return from a six-year hiatus to perform at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.
3) Star Bar's annual Bubbapalooza rages on for its final night.
4) "Democracy Now!" host and creator Amy Goodman speaks at the Birdblast, a 40-year anniversary party for the Great Speckled Bird, at B-Complex Saturday afternoon.
5) Asleep at the Wheel performs at Variety Playhouse Saturday night.
1) Body/Text Project: Photos by Darren Saravis continues at Composition Gallery.
2) She Wants Revenge, Be Your Own Pet and the Virgin Switches perform at Variety Playhouse.
3) Cineprov! presents Sex in the City at Relapse Theatre.
4) Timm West hosts MondoHomo Hip-Hop at Lennys Bar.
5) The Roots and Erykah Badu perform at the Fox Theatre.
(Photo by Darren Saravis)
I know Kombo. He's a stand up guy and would not use this element in…
Don't agree totally, although Jiha does have a point. But her use of the decorative…
Oh! And, full disclosure, I make paintings w found photographs, often w permission, often not…
When I was younger, and still today, I loved listening to Public Ememy, the Beasty…
If you're going to "borrow", ask permission first. If you can't ask for permission, don't…
You might be interested in taking a look at McClanahan's previous book, Crapalachia: A Biography…